This is another old one and I’m not sure who started the original. Again I haven’t been tagged but it looks a good one to do it’s a little different.
1. A character’s appearance that you misread or imagined differently.
I would have to go with Cinna from the Hunger Games Trilogy. I don’t even know how I misread this because when I re-read the books it was really clear but in my mind he was white and super camp I guess I just made a bit of judgement based on his occupation – and I’m really not proud of that 😦
2. A character name that you’ve been pronouncing wrong.
This one isn’t a name of a character but it is the most recent mispronunciation and that would be Chimera from The Daughter of Smoke and Bone I was reading it as Chi-Mera but apparently it’s Ke-mera.
3. An overused trope that is your guilty pleasure.
This was a really tough one I don’t really hate many tropes because I think any trope can be done well but I don’t really love any either. After a fair bit of thought and coming back to this question after writing an answer to all the others I think I will have to leave this one unanswered.
4. A cliche character type that you like better on screen than reading about.
“The Chosen One” is always better watch than to read. I tend to really hate books about the chosen one, they tend to be written in a way that gives me a strain from rolling my eyes constantly but it’s always better to see films about this because it speeds through all the boring rubbish about how amazing and perfect the characters are.
5. A word/phrase you learned because of its a book
I have learnt many words and phrases from books over the years but the one I probably use the most is “Merlins Beard!” from the Harry Potter series – I know predictable but I can’t help being a walking cliche 😦
6. Have you ever not read or completed a required reading book for school?
I never finished Romeo & Juliet. I just don’t get along with Shakespear I hope to try it again at some point but I’m not in a rush. I was surprised how easy it was to wing it through the coursework for that book!
7. Have you ever skipped a chapter from the point of view of a character you weren’t interested in.
I don’t think I have, I don’t think I’ve ever skipped anything in a book. I will DNF if it’s that bad if not I just pop the negatives in my review.
8. Have you ever cancelled social plans to read a book?
At least 3 times in the past month alone however this is more to do with my anxiety than staying home to read. Reading is just what I do when I am too anxious to go out so does that count?