Thank you so much to Always Booking for the nomination!
- Show the award on your blog
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Share 7 different facts about you
- Nominate 5 blogs of your choice
- Link your nominees and let them know about the nomination
My 7 facts:
- I used to pretend I hated Harry Potter for the longest time because my brothers liked it and I wanted to be different to them! I know it was very childish (I was about 7 when it came out) but I am very open about my love for it now
- I feel like a “Fake Reader” because pre 2014 I had a 2/3 year period where I probably read a total of 5 books and most of my reading life has had periods like this
- When I listen to a song I tend to imagine scenes. Most of the time it is a ice skating dance sequence or a gymnastic sequence (bare in mind I’ve never done either of these) but sometimes a song will spark a novel idea because it moves me so much. (Example Celine Dion – This Time. Click the song title to be linked to it on Youtube. The lyrics have inspired a bit of a dark thriller type novel I’m wanting to work on)
- I have never been abroad (I don’t even own a passport) and I have no interest in going abroad. I am very much a home bird and I think England is a beautiful country I am not exactly ambitious when it comes to travel. Which also leads me to my next fact…
- I am not an ambitious person full stop. I don’t care for travel, I don’t really want a high paying important job and I don’t want to invent something that will change the world. I am happy in my little job that pays me a little more than what I need. All I really want is a couple of kids (eventually) and to live happily with my partner (preferably with a room dedicated to books). One day I would like to finish and publish a book but I am not completely consumed by this need because writing for me is fun and I don’t want to ruin that with pressure.
- My dream from the age of 7 has not changed. I want to work until I’m a published author or retired and live with a husband in a cottage in the Bronte Village with two dogs that we walk on the moors for hours on end while I write novels in the remainder of the time. I don’t want to be rich money wise I want love (I know cliche or what)
- My fondest memories of reading are when I was in my late teens and my brother was 12/13 and we would read under my cabin bed by torch light (see picture below for a rough idea what my cabin bed looked like). We would pull the desk out as much as possible, crawl underneath with a torch which we hung from the bottom of the bed, we’d pull the desk closed again and just read out books in the quiet. I think some times our living situation felt a little awkward and tense so this was a massive comfort to us! This is also how we read when we both stumbled across our joint favourite author Neil Gaiman!
I’m sorry if you guys have already been tagged: