I have not been tagged to do this but I adore Queen and I couldn’t scroll past this tag without making a note to take part!
Question 1 contains a spoiler for Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin which is part of the Wolf by Wolf duology so if you have not read this and don’t want to be spoiled please skip to question 2.
1. Mama, just killed a man – A fictional characters death that really upset you?
I can’t even put into words how much Luka Lowe’s death really affected me. I don’t think I will ever get over it!
2. Carry on, Carry On – Pick a book that was hard to keep reading but was worth it in the end.
1984 by George Orwell was a real slog to get through. It was quite dense and very much info filled but after I finished it really hit me how powerful it was! Very much worth reading.
3. Sends shivers down my spine – Pick a book with a beautiful spine/cover?
I have so many I could choose from but I’m going to go with And I Darken by Kiersten White. I haven’t actually read this book but the cover….oh boy that cover! It’s beautiful and dangerous all at the same time!
4. Goodbye everybody, I’ve got to go – A book that you couldn’t finish.
I’ve gone from never DNF a book to not having any qualms about DNF a book that I’m not enjoying so I could pick many for this one. I picked Uprooted by Naomi Novik just because I was expecting to really love this book but for me it was just very flat and dull.
5. Thunder bolt and lightning, very very frightening – which book did you find very, very frightening.
I don’t tend to read many horror novels because I find them dull and predictable however when I finished Shatter by Michael Robotham and read in the authors note that it was based on real events that had taken place I was scared for about a week!
6. Bishmillah, no! We will not let you go – Which book/series do you wish there had been more of.
I don’t think I’ll ever say anything other than The Winners Trilogy for questions like this! Even if it was a side novel about the world I need it!
7. Mama Mia, Mama Mia – Which book/series should be made into a musical?
Dude I would be so down if The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman became a musical! I like quite dark musicals and I think it would be one of the easiest Gaiman books to transfer to the stage.
8. The head banging bit – which book made you face-palm
Hands down! Predictable. Cliche. Problematic. I just….I can’t even tell you how much I strained my eyes from all the eye rolling or how saw my head was after all the face palming!
9. Oh baby, can’t do this to me, baby – Pick a moment from a book where you felt like the author was being mean to you?
I don’t want to spoil anything so I’m going to pick Victoria Schwab in general because she is the queen of the bitter sweet scenes!
10. Nothing really matters to me – Which character/s did you not care about?
Sydney from Saint Anything. I could not connect to her all her problems would have been solved in one swift conversation and it wasn’t like (in my opinion) she was in a situation that meant she couldn’t talk to anyone. Her parents were busy and pre-occupied but they were there for her all she had to do was speak. I wanted to punch her a little bit!
I tag the following lovelies: